Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Conestoga Crossing Month 11: The Homestead Office Block




blocks to make: 1 (plus 2 baskets)
number of pieces: 65 (plus 58)
Waste HST's to collect: 4 (plus 10)


I'll be honest.

I really , really, REALLY wanted to retake this
 photo..... I mean, when I saw it, there was definitely some face palm actions happening, but I'm leaving it the way it is just to show everyone... it happens! 
I pieced the block, took the photo, put it away.... even had it up on the board for final assembly before I realized there was anything wrong with it!
So be encouraged.  Every quilter has her secret rip sessions that she keeps to herself!

So who's getting excited?!

This is our last month of 1 block, 2 baskets.... woo hoo!!!

Make your 1/2 square triangles, almost flying geese, nine patch unit, and four patch units.

The four patch units go one step further with some added triangles.  No biggie.  Line up the center of the triangle with the center seam of your 4 patch.  Make sure your colors are placed right!


  
assemble your units


put em together.... but don't turn one of your corners the wrong way.... I don't know who on earth would do that! 🙄


Make your baskets!


Done!

total pieces sewn this month: 106
total pieces in the quilt so far: 1,273
total waste HST's: 190


That's all for this month.... We are SO CLOSE TO THE END!!!  I'll save the rest for next time.
Get ready... there's a lot to do in month 12!


No comments:

Post a Comment